Staying Safe as a Pedestrian
More and more, people are choosing to walk instead of drive. Walking serves as both a form of exercise and an effective way to limit your carbon footprint, but sadly pedestrians are often injured by inattentive drivers. The National Highway Traffic Association estimates that in the United States a pedestrian-related accident ending in injury occurs every eight minutes.
If you have been the pedestrian victim of a reckless driver, you may be entitled to financial compensation. The capable, compassionate Appleton car accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. want to help bring the responsible party to justice. For a free consultation with a member of our team, call 800-242-2874.
Tips to Be a Safer Pedestrian
Although some accidents are inevitable, it is always advisable to protect your own safety. Below are some steps those on foot can take to make themselves more visible to drivers, averting potential accidents:
- Stay aware of your surroundings. Do not blindly obey pedestrian signals – look out for reckless drivers.
- Do not wear headphones while near traffic. Stay alert to engine noise.
- Be visible! In the daytime, wear bright colors. At night, utilize reflective gear and a flashlight.
- Always walk facing oncoming traffic.
- When crossing the street, look out for turning vehicles.
- Whenever possible, cross streets at marked crosswalks and intersections.
Taking extra steps to protect your well-being may make the difference between an enjoyable walk outside and a life-threatening pedestrian accident.
The Appleton car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. understand how devastating the aftermath of a pedestrian accident can be. The potentially staggering costs of medical treatment, rehabilitation, and lost wages only intensify an individual’s physical and emotional suffering. Let us fight to alleviate your burden. Contact us at 800-242-2874 today.